argyle

Friday, May 2, 2014

Fat-Free Friday

Fat-Free Friday Welcome to Fat-Free Friday. Time for me to review my eating and exercise, right? Well, I am excited. Guess what I did this week? I ran a mile in under 10 minutes! That was one of the more recent fitness goals that I set for myself, and I am so proud!!! I mean, sure, I ONLY ran one mile in that time, but you have to start somewhere, right? And the best part is, I didn’t feel like I was dying, which means that I could probably have lasted longer at that pace…right? I mean, we all know that I’m not a fast runner, and that I’ve decided to focus more on distance running rather than speed. But, that doesn’t mean that I don’t care about timing at all. After one fast(er) mile, I felt really proud of myself. And that’s a big part of why I run!

As for my eating, I’m still trucking along, but still struggling. I’m still much, MUCH better at maintenance than I am at losing, that’s for sure! I did mange to lose half a pound this week, and that's better than nothing. I am really trying to motivate myself for the month of May, before SHORTS weather comes! I really don’t want to have to buy new clothes just because of a measly 10lbs!!! Most of the Easter candy is gone from my house, so that should really help. Eating out is still a big challenge – I’m not talking about planned meals out, but times where I’m on the go and just don’t plan ahead. So I guess that’s my focus this week: planning (but not obsessing). I’ll get there!

Anyone know of any May challenges that they want to share with me? If so, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment