argyle

Monday, May 19, 2014

Back At It

On Friday, after a week of stuffing my face with every food imaginable, I stepped on the scale to find myself the exact same weight that I was on January 1. I have made no long-term progress in 4 ½ months.

But I wasn’t mad at myself, actually. I just thought, “Good thing I caught myself before I got back up to 200!” I accepted the number, I accepted my poor choices, and I vowed (yes, AGAIN) to be better going forward. I took before pictures, got in a quick 20-minute workout, and ate a healthy breakfast. What’s done is done, right?

I know you are sick of hearing about this. I am sick of talking about it. The only reason I’ve continued to do so is because I want to be honest on this blog. And the reality is that sometimes weight maintenance is really, really hard. Sometimes you have minor slip ups, and sometimes you have MONTHS of slip ups. The important thing is to ignore the voice in your head that tells you to quit. There is no quitting. This is about improving your lifestyle. For me, I figure, even if I only eat healthily and exercise 2 days of the week, it’s still two days better than how I was before. It may not be making me skinny, but it must be making me a tiny bit healthier, right?

As of now, I have about six weeks until my birthday. I am going to spend the next week counting my points and getting in activity. The following five weeks will involve making a challenge for myself – giving myself a certain number of pushups, squats, and ab exercise to do each day, for example, eating a certain number of vegetables, limiting my eating in restaurants. I’m still working on the numbers, but a plan is in place.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some “after” photos for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment