argyle

Monday, May 12, 2014

I am in LOVE...

...with the recent weather! The past few days have been simply GORGEOUS!!! We were able to spend so much time outside yesterday, which made for a very Happy Mother's Day for me! I hope that all of you mothers out there had a great day, too. But, I also want to send my heartfelt thoughts to those longing to become mothers, and those who had suffered losses. You were in my thoughts yesterday as well. I imagine that this is one of the most difficult times of year for you.

Back to the weather: although I did struggle with my depression and anxiety this past fall and winter, I didn't really find that the dark days of winter really made it any worse. However, I DID forget how much better I can feel when surrounded by warm, sunny days! I even turned my run yesterday into a walk (after a good mile) because I just wanted to enjoy myself outside and be really present with nature. It was so good for my emotional health.

My goal for this week for myself - and my hope for all of you - is to really focus on doing things that are good for my body AND my mind. I need to go back to making happiness a true priority. It always should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment