argyle

Monday, May 26, 2014

Just Another Manic Monday...

Well, I guess today isn't too "manic", but my weekend sure was! I even took Friday off to prepare for the busy days ahead, but I still ended up exhausting myself! I am so sore today! *whines*

Aaralyn's birthday was on Friday. After school, my husband and I took her to ride the giant Ferris Wheel in a nearby city, and then spent some time with her playing games at the midway. Somehow she managed to hit the jackpot on one of the games! She won enough tickets to get a Webkindz kitty cat, so she was very happy! Afterwards we took her for lunch at McDonald's, her favourite place. (I got a Happy Meal, if you wish to know!) It's always nice to get her out for some parent-daughter time without her brother, and we plan to do the same for him around his birthday. As close as they are, we do feel that they deserve some alone time with Mom and Dad once in awhile! Afterwards, we did the cake and presents thing with the family. She was SO excited to get a Playskool ShowCam camera from my mom. It's easy to use and a lot of fun for kids! I highly recommend it! We got her a big dollhouse for her barbies, but she prefers to put her Fisher Price Little People in it. Whatever works!

On Saturday was her first baseball game of the season. The T-ball team consists mainly of 4, 5 and 6 year olds, and I am helping to coach. We were pleasantly surprised at how well they did, despite only having time for two practices before hand. They had another game on Sunday, and although I missed it, I was told that they did very well again. Aaralyn even got the last player "out" to end the game! That's my girl! It's just too bad that our team name is the YANKEES...tough to swallow for a Jay's fan like me!

Then Sunday came...after preparing for most of the day on Saturday and Sunday morning, it was finally time for her birthday PARTY. Let me tell you - 5 guests was enough! The party went much better than expected...the kids loved the games and food, the craft and just running around having fun together. It was a lot of work, but I am so happy with how it all turned out. Although I must say that I may plan something simpler for next year...

Pictures from these events coming soon...

P.S. Despite the business, I ended up eating pretty well for these past three days, AND I even found the time to exercise 3 times. I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment