argyle

Friday, May 30, 2014

Baseball = Good Habits Forming...

When I was a kid, after a certain age, I really didn't want to be active. I guess you could say I was lazy. I liked to eat, but not move much - a common problem amongst TODAY'S youth. My parents, however, had other plans for me, and forced me to engage in activities. Swimming was a must, as it's such an important skill to learn. Baseball was one I chose begrudgingly, although I learned to love it.

My kids like a lot of healthy foods, thank goodness, so I don't worry too much about that. However, I don't want them to develop lazy habits just because they eat their vegetables, so I try to keep them physically engaged. Aaralyn, the oldest, has tried intros to gymnastics, dance, and does swimming on a fairly regular basis. Unstructured play is important too, so I try not to sign her up for too much at once. This summer, I am hoping to pass along my love of baseball to her. Hopefully she likes it!

Here are some photos from her opening weekend (yes, I am coaching):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was quite a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment