Well all know that I'm not cool. An obsessive, anxiety-ridden dork would be the best way to describe me. And what helps this self-described dork get motivated for fitness and weight-loss is to look up lame-o inspiration phrases. To...well...inspire me...obviously...
Anyway...I have come to realize that not all so-called "motivation" is positive, no matter how cutesy-pie they try to word it. So, what I've done is composed a list of 10 phrases that I've seen a few times, with my own thoughts added. For your view enjoyment, of course.
Because I'm THAT cool.
1. "Nothing tastes as good as thing feels" I don't particularly like this one. No disrespect intended if you use it as motivation for yourself, but to me, it comes across as a mantra for disordered eating.
2. "Just keep going." Simple, positive, and can be applied to any area in life.
3. "No Excuses" I know that I'm in the minority, but I absolutely hate this one. For one, if you say it to someone else, it comes across as incredibly judgemental. Two, if you use it on yourself, as I once did, you find yourself at the gym, with a horrible cough, hacking up a lung because being sick isn't worth missing a gym class. Or maybe that's just me. My point is, sometimes there ARE legitimate excuses. And there is nothing wrong with that.
4. "If you don't find a reason, you'll find an excuse" I like this one a little bit better. It has a bit of a softer tone to it.
5. "Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live" This one makes you think, doesn't it?
6. "Whatever will satisfy hunger is good food." This is a Chinese proverb, and I think I will keep this in mind to remember that food's #1 purpose is to fuel the body. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself of course, but good nutrition should be the top choice!
7. "It's not going to be easy - but it's going to be worth it" Truer words were never spoken!
8. "If you hate starting over, stop quitting." I can't tell...is this supposed to motivate you, or get you to stop whining?
9. "Money is the most envied, but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed, but the least envied." This one REALLY got me thinking. How many things in life do we prioritize over our own health and our own goals?
10. "I run because I really really REALLY like to eat" " Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
I would love to hear your feedback regarding these quotes. Agree or disagree with me, I'd still love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!