argyle

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I *Heart* Pinterest

I'm feeling the Pinterest love lately.

It's funny to think that a few months ago, I didn't even know what the heck it was.

I'd heard of it, of course, but didn't understand/bother to learn how it worked. I just assumed that it was another run-of-the-mill social media site, and really wasn't interested.

Finally, one day, someone described it to me as an "online bulletin board", and the idea intrigued me. I was sick of having so many things linked on my "favourites" tab, and was looking for a better way to organize things - WITHOUT having to print everything out and file it in folders (what a waste of time and ink!) This seemed like the perfect way to do just that.

I like to craft, bake, party plan, and try new things. I have gotten so many ideas off of Pinterest - and some of them are EASY. If you haven't tried Pinterest yet, I'd highly recommend it - but I warn you, it can be addicting!

And if you ARE using Pinterest - look for me! I go by the username Birdlover007 :)

lately, I've been struggling with ways to get my creative juices flowing, so I've been reviewing my new and old pins. Here are some things that I've "pinned" recently that I hope to try in the not-so-distant future:

1. Cadbury Egg Dip. Looks SO GOOD! Might need to try this when I have more willpower...


2. Polka Dot Cake. Probably not as easy as it looks.


3. "Skinny" Buffalo Shrimp Dip. Yes please!


4. Kool-Aid ice cubes in Sprite. So simple!


5. Rainbow fruit tray...must do this for my daughter's birthday party in May.


6. Owl Wreath. MUST DO THIS! Need something new for my son's door...


If you want to know the websites that I pinned any of these photos from, leave me a comment and I'll let you know! Or, follow me on Pinterest and see for yourself! :) Also, feel free to let me know YOUR Pinterest username, and I'll check ya out!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I love Pinterest too!
    I'm not a pinner or anything but I love to stalk all the goodness. It makes me feel crafty and like a fantastic baker/cook/maker whatever without doing a thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't quite get into Pinterest, but I reap the benefits of others looking :)

    ReplyDelete