argyle

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend Re-cap (Pic Heavy)

I hope that everyone had a great Easter weekend. And if you don't celebrate Easter, I hope you had a good weekend anyway! We had lots of fun, with some relaxation thrown in. Here is the rundown of our festivities:

Mid-week, in anticipation of the long weekend (everything is closed here on Good Friday), my daughter's nursery school went on a field trip to our local aviary. We actually have seasons passes and my daughter loves the place, so we of course had a great time.



On Thursday night, I got my Easter goodies ready. Yes, it was early, but between kids and family members, I had quite a few baskets to put together, and didn't want to be doing it all last minute.







On Good Friday, I made Rice Krispy egg treats with my daughter. So easy, and so good. She was the perfect little helper.

It was a beautiful day outside, so I FINALLY got around to decorating our egg tree. We also took our kids to the park. Oh, and earlier in the day I went for a run. Did I mention that I LOVE running on holidays? It feels magical. It's actually very spiritual for me . It's not that I spent the whole time thinking about God, but I DO spend time just being thankful - thankful for my life, thankful for my health...just thankful in general!



Saturday I had to work. That was a bummer. But it was only a three-hour shift, and later in the day we broke out the bike trailor for the season. It's the first time we've been able to take both kids out together, so that was a lot of fun!



That brings us to Sunday. Although I am a Christian (albeit a very liberal one), my husband is not. And despite my beliefs, I don't generally attend church (but it's totally cool if you do). So we were able to sleep in before the egg hunt began. It was the first year that my daughter has been really excited about it, and it was amusing to watch her buzz around and find her little treasures! And my little guy's, too!



Later, we got ready to head to my sister-in-law's place, where we would meet up with her, her husband, their friend Kevin, and my parents-in-law. My sister-in-law, Jenn, made an awesome dinner. She and her husband used to live across the country from us, so it was nice to FINALLY spend a holiday together! I even busted out my new coloured skinny jeans for the occasion.



Finally, today we had a turkey dinner with my family. And I stuffed my face. It was wonderful. Until the tummy ache hit. I tried to fix it with more chocolate, but for some reason that didn't help.

The End!

P.S. I am very excited to announce that Healthline.com has submitted a guest blog post! Look for it soon!

2 comments:

  1. Email me where you got those red skinnies! I need a pair stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats surely exquisite to recognize the fact and I am positive you will also love my article written here fruit fly trap apple cider vinegarapproximately Hope so you will love to provide me a go-to.

    ReplyDelete