argyle

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Yummy (Milkshake-replacement) Smoothie!

I am forgetting about fat-free Friday today because, honestly, I don't want to step on the scale. I actually think that I've stayed the same (around 167), which is much better than gaining, but I just don't want to deal with the let-down that will inevitably come if I'm wrong about that. So...onto other things.

I recently discovered a way to satisfy my chocolate and milkshake cravings without going overboard on the calorie content. It's nothing fancy, but it does the trick, so allow me to share this simple recipe with you:

All you need is:

- 1 large frozen banana (definitely slice it up before freezing...your blender will thank you)
- 3/4 cup milk or almond milk (I have used both regular ol' milk and unsweetened chocolate almond milk. You also might have to adjust the quantity depending on how large your banana is, and how thick you like your drink)
- 1 TBSP cocoa power

Throw that all in a blender and blend until smooth. You might want to add some sugar or sweetener, so make sure to taste-test first. Personally, I am trying not to use too much artificial sweeteners these days, but I do use about half of a packet in these smoothies. I'm perfectly okay with that.

I would love you to share your own smoothie recipes with me, healthy or otherwise. Feel free to leave them in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment