argyle

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ice Skating

This past Saturday, I did something that I haven't done since I was about 13 years old: I went ice skating.

My daughter had received her first pair of ice skates for Christmas, and this was our first chance to take her to the rink. I knew that my husband was a much better skater than I ever was, so we knew it would be on him to teach our little one what to do.

I was initially planning on just sitting on the bench and watching the, but then I thought to myself, "Why? Because I'm afraid? Who cares if I look like an idiot, I am skating with my daughter!" And it's a good thing I went in with that attitude, because I spent the first 20 minutes or so looking like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yeah, I was the oh-so-cool adult hugging the boards around the perimeter of the rink. But that's okay. Eventually I got just a little bit more confident and comfortable on my feet, and got to the point where I wasn't wobbling, and could even managed a little turn. So, I consider the day a success!

This has made me want to challenge myself this year by doing more things that scare me. For example, maybe I'll actually sign up for my first race...???

No comments:

Post a Comment