argyle

Monday, March 10, 2014

Goals

After all of my recent whining and griping about my pitiful eating habits (which, for the record, have been awesome the past week), I've decided that it's about darned time I set some goals for myself that aren't weight-related. Goodness, I am so SICK of feeling tied to the scale! I need something else to focus on. And, since one of the best feelings in the world for me is hitting a fitness goal that I thought was out of reach, I've come up with a new list: my fitness "to do" list, if you will.

When I first set out to get fit, I had a mental list of things I wanted to be able to do, and I achieved many of them: I wanted to be able to fun 5k, and I can; then I wanted to be able to run 10k, and I did that; I wanted to be able to do a 2-minute plank, and I worked my way up to that. Just to name a few. But I haven't really set any new goals for myself in...gosh...almost a year? No wonder I've been struggling!

Here are the new challenges I've set for myself. I don't have a specific timeline for most of them, but within the next few months would be great!

1. To be able to do 10 REAL pushups...not the "girl" ones, which are all I can do right now!
2. To squat with a 50lb bar (I'm stuck at 40...if that's wimpy to you, I don't care! It's better than where I started!)
3. To be able to do Level 3 of the "30 Day Shred" without feeling like I'm about to die
4. To run one mile in 10 minutes or less
5. To be able to run more than 10k, and eventually work my way up to a half marathon (this one is a long-term goal, as I'm not sure I want to commit to the training time it would take with two little ones at home).

I think that this is a good place to start. Yes, I still want to get back to my goal weight, but I don't want it to be the only thing I care about. All scale and no fun makes Brenna a CRAZY girl!

On an unrelated note, I will finish this post with a little flashback...how he melts my heart...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment