argyle

Monday, November 18, 2013

Sigh...

I swear, every time I come up with a new fitness routine for myself, I end up getting sick. So it should be no surprise that I'm going through it again: I got sent home from work for hacking up a storm, and now I'm at home throwing myself a mini pity party. I don't get sick a lot, but when I do, it's never minor.

Since my brain is too foggy to think much for myself, I thought I'd share with you some thoughts from Tim - he is the husband of the wonderful Jennifer, who, in my opinion, is a huge inspiration. If you haven't checked out her blog before, please do so now!!

Now, a few thoughts from her husband:

Physical appearance aside, what is the biggest change you've noticed in your wife since beginning her new, healthy-living journey?

I would have to say her confidence! She has a new glow about her that she never had before. She is wearing outfits that she always wanted to wear but was afraid to go out in public because she would think people would make fun of her.

Now she proudly wears new things and loves showing them off.

And what is the biggest change you've felt in YOURSELF since jumping on board?

The biggest change for me would have to be just an overall stamina in everyday activities. At 240lbs (my heaviest weight), I would get out of breath at the simplest of things such as bending over to tie my shoe. It sounds crazy, but that's how out of shape I was. Now at 180lbs, I am able to wear skinner fitting clothes and don't have to rely on my belt to hold my pants up. I too now have a stronger confidence that allows me a comfortable lifestyle.

There you have it: just a little reminder that there are benefits to a healthy lifestyle that extend beyond how you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment