argyle

Monday, November 4, 2013

Before Pictures

Since I'm getting my little buns in gear this month, I thought it was worth taking some "before" pictures to document my progress. I honestly think that taking pictures is way better than just weighing yourself, as it's the best way to compare and see where the changes are happening in your body. Without further ado...here they are:



Not bad, right? If you had told me two years ago that I would be posting pictures of myself on the internet in just a SPORTS BRA, I would have laughed in your face. But now...it's no big deal.

I'm not unhappy with how I look. I remember that in high school, I really hated my body. (Though looking back, I looked great). But I also remember looking in the mirror one day and liking what I saw...until I thought about bathing suit season that was fast approaching. And then I thought, "Okay, if I'm ONLY unhappy with myself when I'm wearing a bikini, then that's a pretty stupid thing to be hating myself about." I try to keep that in mind these days. Motherhood has changed my body, and I know that it can't be perfect. I just want my pants to fit better. If your goal is to look great in a bathing suit, that's a fine goal - but don't let that idea get the way of your own self worth. It's really not worth it.

1 comment: