argyle

Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Bucket List

A couple of weeks ago, I was on vacation from work. I have another vacation coming up next week, but it occurred to me that I never recapped the last one!!! So let me do that now...

The week was wonderful! The weather was hot...almost unbearably so! But, I didn't let that stop us from crossing some things off of our summer bucket list. We didn't go away, but we did enjoy several day trips and excursions. We had a very busy week actually! My husband didn't have the whole week off, so my parents helped me with the kids on some of our outings. Here is what we did:

We:

- Took the kids to a local(ish) playground and splash area
- Spent some time in the family pool
- Went to a zoo in a nearby town
- Took my daughter to a nearby (mini) waterpark AND the drive-in movie theatre to see Despicable Me 2 (it's quite funny, by the way)
- Went to a BIGGER waterpark
- Drove about an hour away to a Safari/Zoo-type area (and got caught in a really bad storm!)
- Helped prepare for, and attended, my niece's 4th birthday party (yes, I made the cake!)

Overall, it was a tiring week - but so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment