argyle

Monday, August 11, 2014

My Backside

Do you ever catch a glimpse of yourself in someone else's photo, and you find yourself completed horrified with what you see? And you try to convince yourself that it's just a terrible angle, that you don't REALLY look like that?

Yeah, it happens to me too. A lot more recently!

But, the other day I found what SHOULD have been one of those very types of photos - and this time it was of the worst part of my body: my rump-a-roo. So, I was surprised when I found myself not completely horrified with what I saw:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I mean, I don't think I look GREAT, and I have some work to do...but I wasn't embarrassed. And I guess that's what this journey is about: hard work, healthy habits, and gaining confidence. I'm sure in the past I would have picked apart any and every photo that I laid eyes on, but now I am trying to give myself a break. No one's body is perfect, so what should I shame mine? I would never do that to anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment