argyle

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Running My Little Heart Out

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am happy to report to you that I have been keeping up with my running schedule. On Saturday, I even got in two workouts - a half hour class in the morning, followed by my scheduled run in the evening. It feels really good to be back in the fitness swing of things, and I just hope that I don't get lazy and slack off again. I'm really starting to remember how much better I feel when I exercise often. I sleep better, and I am less tempted to eat junk! (Also, my doctor bugged me again to make sure I keep at it, for mental health reasons. I better listen to him! He's the one with a medical degree!)

I must admit, though, that my "long run" (only a 5k of mostly running and some walking) almost killed me. I was really trying to keep my speed up and really had to dig deep just to keep going and not quit. It didn't help that it was a morning run - I do NOT perform as well in the mornings!!! I much prefer evening runs!

I even took a sweaty photo of myself to share with you all, but my computer isn't letting me upload it right now. Hrmph. Next time!

Edit: my computer is now working. Here is my ugly sweaty picture:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here is a MUCH better picture from later that day:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment