argyle

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Off I Go!

Can I possibly explain to you how much I am enjoying following an actual running training program?

(Okay, so it’s only been two days. Shush.)

I am finding that I really like having a new goal each day – it’s definitely taking the pressure off of me feeling like I need to nail a 5k in my fastest time ever, right now. As I said before, I am hoping that this training program will make me a faster and better runner. Last night I did the same circuit as the night before and knocked 45 seconds off my time, so…obviously I’m not slacking off yet!

I was supposed to start the week with strength training, but the weather was so gorgeous that I went straight into the running. Today the weather is looking sketchy, so I think I will be doing my weights at the gym this evening.

Eating-wise, I’m getting better. I’m still enjoying some ice cream and summery foods, but I’m really trying to cut down on that. And fast food, my goodness! It has really been a fast-food summer so far, but I’m improving on that as well. It’s much better for the waistline AND for the budget!

I hope that you are all enjoying your summers so far, staying happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment