argyle

Friday, July 18, 2014

Fat-Free Friday

This Fat-Free Friday is about the Case of the Mysterious 2-Pound Weight Gain.

Look, I’m not going to lie to you and pretend that I ate clean all week, shoveled 5 servings of vegetables into my mouth each day, and avoided treats at all costs. You know that’s not me and would see right through that. I did, however, eat better than I have been. I did exercise more. And I did start drinking more water. When I peeked at the scale during the week, I thought that maybe I was going to maintain my loss from last week. At the WORST I thought MAYBE I’d be up half of a pound.

So, needless to say, when I stepped on it this morning and saw that I had gained nearly two pounds, I wanted to throw the darned thing out the window.

But I didn’t.

Instead, I gritted my teeth, got changed, went for my scheduled run, ate a fibre-filled breakfast, and resolved to try to lose 2 pounds this week. It’s going be a tough one, with a birthday party this weekend and an out-of-town, have-to-eat-out type of day tomorrow. But I will try my best.

I am hoping that part of the gain was due to my body re-adjusting to exercising more consistently. Maybe my muscles are retaining water or something. One can hope!

Because let me tell you…I NEVER want to see the 180s* on the scale ever again!

Here I go…



* I don’t now want anyone to feel bad if their weight is in the 180s or higher. It does not mean that you are fat and not beautiful. I am just speaking for myself, and I am sick of that darned number!

No comments:

Post a Comment