argyle

Monday, December 9, 2013

Phew!!!

I am happy and RELIEVED to tell you that I think I am FINALLY over being sick! Sheesh, that took three weeks!

And let me tell you...three weeks off of working out has had an effect on my level of fitness! I didn't think it could happen that quickly, but it did. For example, I could only run for 30 seconds on the treadmill at a fast pace that I can usually do for 2 minutes or more. And as far as weight-lifting goes...well, let's just say that things are feeling heavier than usual! But I will not dwell on that, because there is nothing I can do but move forward! I hit the gym Saturday and today, and am hoping to do so again tomorrow. Plus MAYBE I'll sneak in an early morning run soon...I say "maybe" because darn it, I do love sleep...

As I mentioned before, this last month was tough for me. Since I didn't feel well and couldn't exercise, I used it as an excuse to throw healthy eating out of the window. I should not have done that. I am not enjoying the weight gain. On Friday, I weighed in at 167 - a full ten pounds up from a month before. It's starting to come down, but my eating has still been pretty crazy. Christmastime is a tough time to re-start a weight-loss plan. But...that's not an excuse to not try, right? RIGHT!

My goal is to get down into the 150s before Christmas (might be tough!) and then just maintain my weight until New Year's. Let's see how I do with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment