argyle

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Diet Decision

I have a new plan for myself. It pertains to my eating and exercise, which (as everyone who has so much as BREATHED around me knows) I’ve been struggling with. I have entered a dangerous cycle of stuffing my face, and then barely eating to try to offset the calorie count. Which, inevitably, ends in me gorging on junk once again. It has to end before I can’t fit into any of my clothes. I already can’t fit into some of them – including ones I bought only a month ago!!! And I need to find more time to exercise, because feeling sluggish and tired all the time is no fun.

So what is my pan for the rest of the holiday season? It might not be what you think…

I will not worry about the scale until the New Year. At the beginning of January, I will once again weigh myself and make goals for myself. New Year, new me, you know the drill. Until then, I am going to focus on getting my binge eating under control. I will eat reasonably, but allow myself some treats. If I have a “bad meal”, I will not punish myself by shoving food down my throat for the rest of the night. I will focus on portion control, and choosing foods that I really enjoy. I will NOT be obsessed with every morsel that enters my mouth, because that is not what the holiday season should be about. I want to enjoy myself, without making my pants too small in the process. I will fit in activity when I can, even if it’s only 15 minutes here and there. And most importantly, I will be less hard on myself!

I also feel like I need to go back to giving myself little rewards for when I achieve my goals. If you have any ideas for what those rewards can be, please share them with me.

One final thing: less than a week left until Christmas. EEEKKK!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan to me. I have to get on it too... I've been enjoying stuffing my face too much lately. New Year, here we come :)

    ReplyDelete