argyle

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Party Like a 4-Year-Old

Sunday, as you may know, was the first time I’ve ever hosted a kid-only party. My sister was there to help, but none of the other kids’ parents were present. This was a big deal for me. A very big deal. "Let the chaos begin" was my mantra.

It was scary. It was exciting. And guess what? It was a lot of fun!

We kept the party small – only 5 guests, plus the birthday girl. My son napped for the entire party, which was a blessing because I was busy enough! The theme was My Little Pony, and everyone loved it – even the boys!

I made some decorations…complete with removable stickers, so they can be reused for future parties:







I dressed for the occasion:





I went all out (for me at least) with other decorations too…







I loved this background…such a good idea for getting photos of the party guests!



We played some games…



We created new ponies...





We had some yummy food…





I baked a delicious cake…(the featured pony is Ploomette, FYI)



I even dyed some of the batter pink to create a marbling effect. The kids didn’t seem to notice though :P



We had a lot of fun, and my daughter got some awesome gifts…and when it was all over, prizes and goody bags were distributed.



(Here is an idea that I highly recommend: hand out the game prizes while the birthday girl or boy is opening their gifts. It gives the guests something to focus on so they don’t get jealous!)

The party lasted 2 and a half hours, and that was just a perfect amount of time for this age group. I am so glad that I decided to try out a “friend” party this year…and I can’t wait until the next one!

P.S. Would anyone be interested in a post about doing a party on a budget? I do have some ideas that I could share…

No comments:

Post a Comment