argyle

Monday, May 27, 2013

Party Like a 4-Year-Old

My daughter is officially four years old. Where does the time go?



It is truly infuriating how quickly children grow.

The festivities began on Thursday (her actual birthday). I had to work, but that was okay. Aaralyn had nursery school in the morning, and because her Auntie was on duty that day, the class got some special cookies during snack time. When I got home from work, we had a small family celebration with dinner, carrot cake (she loved it!), and of course presents. Her favourite gift of the night? The My Little Pony train set from her Aunt and Uncle!

On Friday, I had the day off from work. And it was MY duty day at the nursery school. It also happened to be "Princess and Pirate" day, which was a lot of fun for the kids. Aaralyn dressed up in the Cinderella outfit she received from my mom as a birthday gift. There were games and activities - such a fun morning! Afterwards, my husband and I took her out for lunch and off for some post-birthday fun. We took her on a big Ferris Wheel ride in a nearby city, went to a "Ripley's Believe it or Not" Museum, and then hit up a Midway area. That was a LOT of fun. She really enjoyed playing the games, and TWO separate families gave us their extra tickets. The tickets are used to buy prizes after, and we had enough for TWO Webkins! She picked out an elephant for herself and a dinosaur for her little brother. And of course we passed on OUR extra tickets to another family with two kids. Gotta pay it forward!

Sunday was her "kid" party, but I'll make a separate post about that later...and about how much weight I've gained, and what it took for me to get back on track!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Happy 4th Birthday to Aaralyn!
    Sounds like her whole weekend was a blast ;)

    ReplyDelete