argyle

Friday, January 16, 2015

Pants Schmants

So I had to bite the bullet and buy new pants the other day.

No, these were not “I’ve already lost so much weight that I need new clothes” pants. These were “I outgrew my fat clothes two months ago and still can’t fit into them and am tired of feeling like a sausage” pants. I’ve basically been wearing the same two pairs since mid-December, and only one even fits properly. So I decided that it was time to move forward (or backwards?) I didn’t have the best luck shopping, but I did manage to get two pairs for 50$, so that’s good. I was fully expecting to need size 16, or ever larger, so I was thrilled to come out with one size 14 and one size 12. Sure, it may very well be vanity sizing (actually I’m sure it is), but heck, it made me feel better about myself.

I’ve been asked three times in the past month if I’m pregnant, so I need all the self-esteem boosts I can get. And they look good!

In other news, my workouts are going well. My husband dug out the ol’ stationary bike for me, and I’m trying to do at least 20 minutes on that twice a week (plus some arm exercises) in addition to my gym time. Usually I like to get to the gym 3 times per week, but due to the crummy weather making me feel like I want to hibernate, I’m setting a goal of just twice a week for now. So that’s still 4 workouts altogether. Not bad. And my eating is getting better too. I’m still eating too much sugar, but I’m slowly improving on that. Slowly.

I lost 1 1/2 lbs this week, bringing my New Year total to 4 1/2 lbs. While that is a good loss so far, it’s frustrating that it seems to take twice as long to lose weight as it does to put it on. I guess I just need to be patient.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment