argyle

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fit in Five Update

I just realized that I'm about halfway through my "Fit in Five" challenge and I haven't really updated you guys yet on my progress. So I guess I shall do that now. Below are my original goals (in bold) and the progress I'm making (in regular print).

Exercise:

1. I will try to get to the gym 3 times per week, and work out on my own at home (running, DVDs, etc) 1-2 times per week
This one has been going okay. The first week I worked out five times total, but only three the next week. This week is going alright so far. I have been busier than usual lately, and just not planning as well as I should.
2. I will push myself with cardio, and start adding more weight with my strength training
I always push myself with cardio, but to be honest, I've completely forgotten to add more weight during strength training.
3. I will do 1000 pushups during these five weeks, and do arm exercises at home on my non-gym days I am on track with this.
4. I will do 1000 squats or lunges (at home)
I am on track!
5. I will do 1000 crunches (or crunch variations) and 35 minutes of planking (one minute each day, average) on top of my gym-time exercises
I am on track with the planks, but behind on the ab exercises.

Food:

1. I will drink more water to avoid snacking mindlessly (I have a terrible oral fixation)
This is going just fine!
2. I will count my points and stay within my daily target as much as possible
FAIL! (About half the time)
3. I will focus on eating more vegetables, aiming for at least 3 servings a day
I'm definitely eating more veggies, but not always hitting 3 per day.
4. I will focus on decreasing the amount of non-natural sugar I consume
I actually think I've been doing better with this.
5. I will try new things, and experiment with new tastes, to make healthy food more interesting
I'm working on it!

Things are obviously moving more slowly than they have in the past, but no worries. Slowly but surely, I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment