argyle

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sometimes I Wish...Sometimes I Don't

Sometimes, I wish that healthy habits didn't feel so difficult to me. I'd love to be one of those people who actually WANTS to stop eating when they feel satisfied, who doesn't crave junky foods, and who only exercises because of how it makes them feel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Okay, fine...sometimes I REALLY wish that I was one of those people who could eat whatever they want, do as little exercise as they want, and still be teeny weeny. Like my skinny B of a sister. Exhibit A: (it's funny because her name starts with the letter "A"...I'm lame...)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Like, that's what she looks like while VERY pregnant and eating like a linebacker. Not fair!

(I'm actually very close with my sister...and as she likes to point out, she may have a faster metabolism, but I have lungs that actually work. I digress...)

But...other times, I am glad that I have to "work at it". If I didn't, I'd probably ONLY eat junk food, and we all know THAT would eventually catch up with me. I'd have never bothered to work at running, something I've fallen in love with. I would never have bothered lifting weights, which I am starting to enjoy. And if I never had to work out, I would never have realized how much it benefits my MENTAL health too. More importantly, I also probably wouldn't be a blogger, and then where would all 94 of you be? :P

So I guess...in a way...I'm grateful that I have to work at it. I may sometimes do it only for superficial reasons, but knowing that I'm improving my health and my strength, and doing things that I never thought I'd be able to do? That's a great feeling!

Just don't tell anyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment