argyle

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fitter Fall Challenges

Guess what everyone?

No, I am NOT eating like garbage and being lazy. Surprised? You're probably shocked based on my recent history!! I'm actually back (mostly) on the weight-loss wagon, and I'm feeling great! It only takes a few days of sweating it out and cutting out copious amounts of fat to feel better, I guess! I'm already feeling less bloated, and because of that my tummy is looking better. Thank goodness!

I gave myself some goals for this week: to go to the gym 3 times, to do one exercise video, and to maybe go for a run if the weather permits. So far, I've gone to the gym twice, and I did Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred on DVD. A great start, if I do say so myself!

But, there are some long term fitness goals that I have in mind, and I'm working towards them as well. They include:

- Being able to run 5k in under 30 minutes. This a long term goal. Lately, I've been struggling to get my time under 32 minutes, which is about a 10 1/2 minute mile - so that will be my first goal. Heck, lately I've been struggling sometimes to get it under 35!!! My fastest time EVER was 30.5 minutes, and that was a year ago!!! So this will definitely take work.

- Being able to do 10 REAL push ups. Right now I can barely do 2. I lack arm strength.

- Being able to squat with a 50lb bar - right now I struggle to do 40 - Holding a 2-minutes plank: this is a shorter term goal that I hope to reach by the end of the month.

Outside of weight-loss and health, I've been eye-balling some Christmas crafts and trying to choose which ones to do. I'll share more details with you once I've figured it out!

1 comment:

  1. That under 30 5k is a fun goal. You are close you will get it soon for sure!!

    ReplyDelete