argyle

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Back in the "Swing" of Things...

Do you recognize this?



Of course you do. It's a playground swing. (Note: if you did not, in fact, recognize this item, please book an appointment with your family physician immediately. Thank you.)

But it's not JUST a swing. It's the exact style of swing that I could NOT fit my big ol' butt into last year. If I tried to cram my rear in (to appease my young daughter, of course), it just didn't work. The bolts dug into my thighs, making it not just uncomfortable, but painful too!

Today, after my run, I noticed that there were no children at the playground nearby. So I decided to do a little test-a-roo and see what progress I've made from last year.

And I fit!

It made my day. Like I've said before, sometime it's the little things that count for so much. I am so thrilled to know that I can swing with my daughter this summer, and not have to tell her "no" because of my size.

Also, my eating has been better the past two days. Not perfect, but better. I'll take that!

In other news, how freaking cute is this?:



Baby's first mohawk. My heart melts...

2 comments:

  1. heehee I'm so glad I don't have to book that appointment!

    Yay for fitting and running and not having to say no to Aaralyn. I'm glad your past two days were better because they sure weren't for me :-/ (I ate cake, and ice cream, and cookies) I did enjoy it though lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :)

    I have a question about that picture of the swing. I would love to use it as I CD cover but I do not know if you are the author of it.

    Thank you for the answer.

    Kind regards,

    Miro
    (mirofelber@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete