argyle

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I crave change...

Okay, that post title isn't exactly accurate. In truth, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with change. Some might say that I don't "adapt well" to it. It's not that I intend to be inflexible or anything - it's just that certain things cause me unhealthy amounts of extreme anxiety, and change just happens to be one of them. (No worries, though. I'm being medicated for it...)

So why the post title? When on earth could someone like me POSSIBLY crave change?

When it comes to the seasons. I crave a change in the weather.

Do not misunderstand me. I adore summer. I was a summer baby, and I've never really grown out of it. It's definitely my favourite season. But, aside from my summer loving, my favourite time(s) of the year is when that magical time happens - that first hint of a new season approaching.

It's when summer heat starts to give way to crisp, cool autumn days, and you can just smell it in the air. You begin to anticipate the warm colours of fall, the leaves falling from the trees, and visions of apple cider dance in your head.
It's when you're sick of all that autumn rain, and you first detect that snow may be coming. You imagine the twinkling of Christmas lights and Hannukah menorahs, envision snowmen lining the streets, and laying warm and cozy on your couch, in front of the TV, hiding from nature's next storm.
It's when you just can't take one more cold day, and the first promise of spring appears, and you can finally begin ditching your winter coat.
And it's when you realize, as you're cranking your a/c one day, that the long, glorious, pool-filled days of summer are fast approaching...

To me, it's bliss. Pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment