argyle

Friday, October 31, 2014

Hallowe'en!

Happy Friday, everyone! And, more importantly…HAPPY HALLOWE’EN! *insert creepy wooo-ooo-OOO noises*

As you read this, I will be decked out in a custom-made Queen Elsa dress that a close friend very generously ordered for me as a birthday gift. Yes, Queen Elsa. Yes, like the Disney movie. Does it sound better if I call myself the Snow Queen? No matter – I have a five-year-old daughter you wanted us to wear matching costumes, and of COURSE she picked a Frozen character. Oh, yes, I know what a popular, unoriginal choice it is. I’ve seen the drinking game post on Facebook. But I don’t care. My daugher’s sense of magic and wonder at this age is the most important thing.

My son, who is 2 and a half, is supposed to be dressing as Sorcerer Mickey Mouse. You know, the wizard version with the creepy walking mops. Unfortunately, he has refused to try on his costume and seems to hate it at the moment. I do have a back up plan, though. And I didn’t actually spend any money on the Mickey costume…plus it’s huge, so I can always use it for him next year. But I’m still sad because he would look so CUTE in it. I’ll have to let you know what happens.

Now, onto my oversized booty…

I weighed in today at 188.6lbs. That means I lost almost a pound this week. Slowly but surely, yes. But I know I could have done much better.

Want to know how I did with my (recycled) goals? I’ll keep it honest…

I ate more vegetables (score!). I ate SLIGHTLY less sugar than normal, but not by much (boo). I DID hit the gym 3 times, plus took my dog for a walk/run. I succeeded in using heavier weights for some of my arm exercises, and have started to find that my new squatting weight is feeling easier (almost time to bump it up again, I guess!). I did, however, eat out quite a bit (at least three times….I lost count) BUT, even though it was fast food, I made better choices. Kid meals instead of adult sizes, apple slices instead of fries, etc. So even though I wasn’t perfect, this week was better than last week.

And, honestly, that’s what matters: improvement, not perfection.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's the everyday choices like watching portion sizes and getting the healthiest option when you are eating out that matters the most in the end. Keep up the hard work! And congrats on the 1lb loss! A loss is a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! And great advice!

    ReplyDelete