argyle

Monday, September 1, 2014

Common Sense Advice

When I joined the local Goodlife Fitness gym two years ago (or, rather, I should say RE-joined), I was given a book by Goodlife's creator, David Patchell-Evans. It's called, "Living the Good Life: Your Guide to Health and Success." (You can read more about it here). Recently, needing inspiration, I picked it up again and gave it a quick read. Reading it, I remembered how it didn't come across as a book written by a flight-by-night guru, and rather, was full of common sense advice. I thought I'd share with you some of the thoughts from this book:

1. An exercise regiment doesn't have to be hard - 30 minutes, 3 times a week really can benefit you 2. People often start an exercise plan to look better, which is okay - but they often continue because they FEEL better 3. "No pain no gain" is NOT a great school of thought - unless it's for physiotherapy! 4. No one should care about looking like fitness models - unless you ARE a fitness model 5. "Good enough is good enough" - if you reach your goals, you don't HAVE to try to exceed them. If you want to, that's one thing - but you should never feel pressured too. It really is okay to be happy where you are.

Anyway...it's an easy read, and I'd recommend it for anyone who is new to health and fitness!

In other news, I tried on a few fall clothes the other day. Needless to say, I'm going to have to keep working hard if I want to be able to wear this skirt in the coming months...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(PS I swear my mirror doesn't look that gross in real life...I have no idea what happened in the picture...)

No comments:

Post a Comment