argyle

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Happy Fat-Free Friday

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I NEED to STOP peaking at the scale between my weigh-ins!

Earlier in the week, I was stressed out because it didn’t look like I was going to lose anything despite all of my hard work. However, lo and behold, today the scale showed me that I was down almost two pounds!!! I am sitting at 155.4 today and feel pretty good about that!

Now listen up, ladies (and gents?). I did a few things differently this week. Bikini season isn’t too far away, and I’ve still got work to do!!!

(Ha ha ha….oh that’s funny. Pretending that I’ll ever wear a bikini again. Anyone want to buy me a tummy tuck for my birthday?)

Okay, seriously…I’m probably never going to be caught dead in a teeny weenie bikini ever again. Too many stretch marks, and WAY too much loose skin from pregnancy, to pull that off. “Two piece” to me means “tankini”. And I’m okay with that. Mostly. Sometimes. Let’s go with that.

Anyway….I’ve long been a cardio junkie, only throwing in a bit of strength training due to a some sort of feeling of obligation. But lately, especially this past week, that’s been changing. I’ve noticed more and more than while cardio helps me lose weight, strength training is DEFINITELY helping me lose inches. So I really need to mix it up more.

I’m all about squats, lunges, and tricep curls now. I work my core, lift weights, and squat some more. I’m even trying to change up my cardio routine, adding in the Stair Master and doing sprints and intervals on the dreaded treadmill (the dreadmill?). I could lie any say it’s all about my health, and it is partly, but…I just want to improve my looks a bit (although I’m learning to accept my new body) and feel stronger and leaner. That’s what it’s mostly “all about” for me, now: how I FEEL.

I want to feel good in shorts this year – it’s been a long time! And I want to be able to buy them in a SINGLE digit size (right now, I have one pair of size 9 jeans – all the rest of my pants are 11s). I’ll be darned happy with some size 9 shorts!

And, yes, I want to rock a bathing suit..even if it IS just a one piece.

I know it’s only February, but spring and summer will be here before we know it. Might as well start making the changes now, and reap the rewards when the seasons come!

In other news, it's snowing like CRAZY here! I'll try to get some photos...

Also, I’m looking for GUEST POSTERS! Interested in doing a post for my blog? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I am doing 30 Day Shred for the month of Feb and plan on doing Ripped in 30 for the month of March. Get on the Jillian Michaels train girl!

    And I would totally guest post for you... although I have no children... so maybe that wouldn't be relevant...

    ReplyDelete