argyle

Friday, June 2, 2017

Two Weeks In

So first thing's first: I had a pretty good week this week, despite feeling a bit under the weather and having to skip a couple of my workouts. I am really trying to evenly mix cardio and strength training, but that just didn't happen this week. I did, however, manage to eat pretty well, rather than using illness as an excuse to not care. And I lost almost 2lbs. Happy with that!

I mentioned last week that I had started a six-week plan, but I didn't really give any details. Part of that is because I am not following any sort of formal program. I just kind of made up my own goals in my own head, which include:

- Exercising at least 4 days per week, mixing strength training with cardio
- Increasing my running speed
- Eating more vegetables
- Eating more lean meats
- Watching my calorie intake a little more closely
- Consuming fewer carbs (since I am a carboholic!)

My hope is to lose about 10lbs in these six weeks. But I know I can't control how quickly the weight comes off - I can only control how I go about it. So I am really trying to put my focus on my own actions, and just accept whatever happens on the scale.

I also realized that I really need to start following a Couch to 5k program again, because I am getting a bit lazy/distracted with my running. (You can read my original running story here and here. I feel like I am more successful when I have a plan. Right now I can only run about a mile before I need to stop to walk, and it's a pretty slow mile. So I am looking forward to having more success with that, especially now that the weather is being more cooperative!

Maybe someday soon I will feel confident smiling and not feeling like a chipmunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment