argyle

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Goings on...

Just hear those sleigh bells jinglin’, ring-ting-a-ting-a-ling too
Come on it’s lovely weather to eat my face off with you!

It’s the holiday season, and there are parties and food and goodies (oh my) everywhere I turn. And you know what? I don’t care. I am enjoying myself. While I still want to lose weight during the holiday season, I’ll be happy to just maintain. I can always give it a better go in January. I just want to enjoy myself and not associate food with guilt, especially considering that this is my favourite time of year! And I’m still aiming to hit the gym 3 times a week, which makes my clothes fit better and give me a confidence boost.

Now, here is something funny…or not so funny…

I accidentally caused an Elf on the Shelf to be set on fire in our house. Whoopsie. It was truly my fault. I tried to blame my husband, but it didn’t work. What happened was this: I put the two pixies on top of our new chandelier, thinking that surely my husband would see them before trying to turn on the light. I was wrong. And the bulbs are halogen bulbs, which get very hot. VERY hot. Poor Judy has a third degree burn on her back. Thank goodness that her skirt took the brunt of the trauma. With a new skirt now, you can’t even see the burn. The downside is that I’ve now spent almost 20$ on Elf attire this year. Sigh…

Tis the season to spend money?

No comments:

Post a Comment