argyle

Friday, November 7, 2014

Ol’ McBrenna had a Cough…

With a cough cough here, and a cough cough there…

Yeah, I’m still not feeling too hot. Nothing serious. I just seem to have been hit with a bad cold. I haven’t had the energy to exercise all week (except for a walk), and I’m feeling a bit lazy. The only plus side is that this is the first time in a long time that I haven’t used sickness as an excuse to eat all of the junk in the world. So there’s that. With so many people suffering in the world, I shouldn’t really be complaining.

Guess what? I lost 3.2 lbs this week! I am so excited! And, surprisingly, I ate a little bit over my calories every day. Now, don’t get me wrong – I didn’t binge. Which is a victory in and of itself! I was just extra hungry this week – and I am so glad that it didn’t affect the scale! I’m not really a fan of letting yourself go hungry.

I’ve discovered a yummy way to eat lower-fat cream soup. I do love creamy, cheesey soups, but sometimes the calorie count leaves something to be desired. What I did this week was the following: I took a can of reduced-calorie cream of broccoli soup (90 calories for one cup) and added about ¾ cup of broccoli that I pre-cooked. Then, once the soup was ready and in my bowl, I sprinkled some cheddar cheese on it and waited a minute or two for it to melt just a bit. Mmm…delicious! And healthier, due to the extra broccoli!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Hope you get to feeling better. Being sick sucks. I feel for ya.

    ReplyDelete