argyle

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Miss Running....

First of all, thanks to those of you who left supportive and encouraging comments on my last post. It helps to know that I'm not alone!

I realized another thing that is harder in the winter: running. I don't have (nor can I afford right now) the proper gear for running outside when it's freezing. And the roads around my place have been so slippery anyway that I'm sure I'd kill myself if I tried.

But I miss it. I love running outside. I can't stand running on the treadmill - it's boring and I can't adjust my speed as easily as I can outside. And I push myself so much more when I run outside, which is much better for my weight-loss plan, no doubt.

But enough complaining...my son's first birthday is next weekend, and I'm scrambling to finish plans for his little party. And I STILL have Christmas stuff to put away. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand about outside running. Ugh, the winter is terrible! I live in the US in Oregon and it rains ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME. I just try to sneak in other workouts but being outside is so much better! I feel your pain. You still look fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long did it take you to love running (or any type of working out). I want to feel excited about working out but I just can't get there. No matter what I've tried I dread it. Kudos to you for finding an exercise you love.(geez, that sounds old lady - who says "kudos"??) Let's hope for an early spring so you can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete