argyle

Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Year

I am not really one for making New Years resolutions. While I actually think that they can be a great idea, I am used to breaking them within a few days. So I don't really bother anymore. A few times in the past I have made a list, reasoning that if I even accomplished 2 out of 10, I could count that as a win. But, no such luck.

Usually, however, I ring in the new year with a new MINDSET. That fresh feeling, similar to before starting a new year of school, where life ahead just feels like it is full of endless possibilities. Unfortunately, that zest didn't hit me this time around.

The one consolation is that I also haven't yet hit the post-holiday depression that usually weakens me quickly at the start of January. Last year, I was in such a state that it was nearly impossible for me to plan my son's birthday celebration (his birthday is February 2nd). Currently, I am using this upcoming event to try to inject some fun and happiness into my days.

I am doing an emoji theme for him. Look how cute these goody bags are - and so simple!



I am also looking forward to get back into a regular exercise routine, and to focus on MINDFUL eating. I am too embarrassed right now to share my weight or any before and after photos, although I do have them. Maybe in time once I have made more progress, I will.

That's all for in. I will check in again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment