argyle

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Look what I can do!

She's growing up too fast, for sure.



Now, if only she'd learn how to drink from a bottle without help, or even TRY a sippy cup...hmm...

So recently, my husband and I experienced yet another one of our parenting "firsts". Though this one was not as much fun as "baby's first bath" or "baby's first tooth". This one was "baby's first trip to the hospital".

No worries, our little lady is doing fine! But it did turn out that she had "croup", which, for those of you who aren't familiar with baby-related ailments, is a parainfluenza virus which causes, among other things,a seal-like barking cough. I swear it would be cute if it wasn't so pitiful.

Anyway, after a few hours at the hospital and some medicine administered, we were on our way home. Of course now I am sick, but I guess that is to be expected when you are a parent, no?

And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here, is a picture from the hospital (It's not as crazy as it seems - the camera flash is the only thing that can calm her down when she's upset, as she was that night!)

1 comment:

  1. ooooh she looks so sicky in the pic, it breaks my heart =(
    I'm just glad she is doing fine, phewwww! Hope you feel better soon also!

    ReplyDelete